Cecil Bankston wrote on 07/06/2018 06:44 AM:
sean wrote:
Cecil Bankston wrote on 07/05/2018 06:27 AM:
Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:

You can view message source for the posters in the SM and FF groups and copy theirs.
I think FF 61.0 may be out.  This is one of the latest ones:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0

Just updated:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0

Thanks for the help.  At least it established that UA wasn't the issue. I added and used the UA you suggested and still got the same authorization required error I reported at the start of the thread.

Are there any Cox ISP users monitoring this thread?  If so, do you have the same Webmail access problem with SeaMonkey?

I have two cox e'mail accounts which I download via pop... no issues here...

other than COX never ever honoring the "blocked senders" ... same spame from same senders always makes it's way to my inbox...

POP downloads work normally.  It's just the Webmail access through SeaMonkey browser that gives the Authorization Required message that blocks my access.  Have you tried to access your 2 accounts through the SeaMonkey browser at webmail.cox.net?  My Edge browser has no problems doing that.

i opened my "testing" profile which has no extensions nor any addons... was able to log in w/o any trouble...

my regular profile extensions include:
AMO Browsing for Seamonkey
Dark Background and Light Text
Lightning

Lightning is the usual culprit...

fortunately I have other ways of accessing the cox webmail page in peppermint os 9
--
sean nathan bean
 ~ requires all to bring us a shrubbery!

"The purpose of life, is to be happy."
      ~ Dalai Lama XIV

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
      ~ Abraham Lincoln