On 9/2/18, David E. Ross wrote:
  <.. snip lots ..>
> At one time, security implemented in Mozilla-based browsers meant that
> Web pages downloaded as HTTPS were never cached.  I do not know if this
> is still true.

I think it's controlled in about:config
browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl   set to true or false

>  However, more and more Web sites now use HTTPS instead
> of HTTP.  If not caching HTTPS sites is indeed still true,

caching of https sites is enabled for me

> it further
> reduces any benefits from caching beyond the reduction from "on the fly"
> generation or modification of Web pages.

Wasn't there something that showed cache hits & misses since SM was
started?  I thought I saw something like that a long time ago but I
can't find it now.

> My broadband connection gives me more than 75 Mbps downloads.  I chose
> to disable caching because fewer and fewer Web sites benefit.

We've had this discussion before.  Not everyone has an internet
connection fast enough to allow us to disable the cache and not notice
any difference :(

For the curious, you can click on Tools / Web Development / Toggle
Tools & then click on the Network tab

load a web page and it'll tell you
- which page elements were loaded from cache
- how long it took to load the other elements of the page

Regards,
Lee