I'm also having problems with google.com. Specifically the google search
function using both Seamonkey version 2.49.3 & the latest version, 2.49.4. When
trying to type anything in the Google Search Box, it only uses the upper left
corner of the box, and when you get to 19 characters, the beginning of what was
typed becomes hidden if what you are trying to ask is longer than the 19
characters. If you copy and paste something into the box, only the last 19
characters are visible.

On 9/11/18 I posted my problem on the Google Search Help Forum, found here:
https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/d/msgid/websearch/e4a0cbeb-a533-4b62-b714-fab0ef77e111%40googleproductforums.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

On 9/16/18 I replied to my own post with an answer to the problem I found by
doing more digging. It seems that unchecking the "Advertise Firefox
compatibility" option found in the Seamonkey preferences allows the search box
to function as it should: The original link to the answer can be found here:
https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/websearch/w6JUJvS5nMw/6QzWOLY_CQAJ

At first all seemed to function as it should until I realized that the actual
search page looks different when the "Advertise Firefox compatibility" option
is unchecked compared to when it's checked. I also found that the search
settings cannot be changed when the "Advertise Firefox compatibility" option is
unchecked. A much greater issue I discovered was the fact that when searching
for photos with the "Advertise Firefox compatibility" option is unchecked, the
results page not only shows a page of photos, it also includes a 4 to 5 line
description under each of 20 photos returned from the search. I attempted to
find an option to turn off the photo descriptions, but the option doesn't
exist. The only way to remove the photo descriptions is to re-check the
"Advertise Firefox compatibility" option. By re-checking the option none of the
photos include a description under them. Also the search settings functions now
works as they should.

This is becoming very frustrating and a real pain in the butt... From what I've
learned the problem most likely is directly related to the Seamonkey User
Agent, but I've been unable figure out how to create a user agent string that
functions correctly with Google Search. With the "Advertise Firefox
compatibility" option unchecked seamonkey reports my user agent as: User agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
When the option is checked, the user agent is: User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows
NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4