On Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 4:00:18 PM UTC-6, no...@nonospam.org wrote:
> Replying to a couple of suggestions from different responders:
>
> Clearing my cache did not fix this.
>
> Using the Prefbar add-on, changing my User Agent from SM to Firefox DID
> fix it. Switching back and forth between the two, it is repeatable.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions!
>
> John
>
> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> > Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> >> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3041415&p=14808162#p14808162

> > Google has changed a few things in the last few days.
> > IMO, they did initial testing a few weeks ago.
> > My user string does not have your problem in SM on this machine,
> > but the same string in FF on a different machine does what you said.
> > On both machines Google has eliminated the URL that bypasses their
> > "search help" so that now every letter I type gets sent to Google
> > which then suggests search words.  I hate that and their reporting home.
> >

> --
> Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
> A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.
>
> Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank yo/s=

I responded to this asking how to do it. Then later read other posts sending me
to Prefbar to download. I am Windows 7 using SeaMonkey. Do I download from SM
or from FF. And after I download, what do I do from there? Thank you but SM
almost expects users to be Technicians...user since 2007. Also 2.49.4 keeps
hanging several times every day. I keep having to shut down and re-launch.
Sometimes I just give up and us FF. I want to keep SM because I have my own
domain and get my email there. Also many videos won't play in SM and I need to
go to FF if I want to see them.  Thanks a bunch... mar...@marico.cc