Frank-Rainer Grahl ha scritto il 26/05/19 alle 11:35:

Gabriel wrote:

It's the sessionstore.json file!
I started the new 2.53 profile with the old sessionstore (and I also deselected many tabs), and it crashes after loading a few pages. The real problem is that even after rapidly closing SM (as soon I saw the graphical glitches I pressed cmd-q many times), the iMac was very unstable and I had to reboot.

Now what? May I send the sessionstore file to you to check it out?

Session restore in SeaMonkey and Firefox differs so that is one area where different code is used. I would try to disable hardware accelearation in Appearance->Content. If you trust me you can send me the session store file but be advised that it may contain personal information even if only the urls but some other stuff from the history may be in too.

Ultimately it is a macOS bug. The only guy in our team who runs it under macOS is unable to upgrade because he has an older mac.

Hi, I did a few other tests and the result is interesting.
I installed Mojave on an empty external HDD and put SM 2.53 on it, then used it to boot a MacBook Pro retina mid-2014 and it worked; I then copied in the profile folder my "corrupted" sessionstore file and... it didn't crash!
I moved this HDD to my iMac 5K late-2015: badly crashed.
The main difference between these two Mac is the GPU and on my iMac it's the GPU which is going crazy with SM and it restarts the whole machine.
The MBP has an Intel Iris Pro (1536 MB), the iMac an AMD Radeon R9 M390 2GB.

I also switched off the hardware acceleration in SM on the iMac but that didn't help, on or off it's the same.

So: my (big) sessionstore.json + iMac 10.14.5 with AMD R9 390 = crash.

What I'm also wondering is why neither of SM and Mojave create a crash report! macOS doesn't send the usual crash report after the reboot and the "crashes" folder in SM is empty.

So what do you thing about all this mess?