Github now works fine for me even with a 55 useragent string... i'm keeping it at 55 for the lxle distribution so users don't go to firefox addons thinking they can install them... as the site will assume that they can..  anything 56 or higher indicated the addons there can be installed.

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

Daniel wrote:

It seems to me that some sites are having problems handling UA's that contain more than one program name. Some seem to require the program that they 'work' with first whilst others seem to require the program that they 'work' with last!!

Would be interesting, if someone was having problems with a site, if they where to try the site with a UA or two and see which works, e.g. ....

As far as I know github has aminimum requirement of esr60. One of the reasons I just changed Gecko 56 to 60 in 2.53. Feature wise they don't need it or 2.49.x wouldn't work with a fake user agent. Like most sites they just want to only support the big players to save on potential support costs and make more money. Or in googles case get rid of the competition.

FRG