Just for the record. My problem was caused by installing 2.94.5 on a new machine then attempting to copy an older profile on to that machine. The Old profile is still backed up on the old hard drive, but I couldn't get the Lightning extension to work.

Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

rob wrote:
rob wrote:
I found the lightning extension. I had copied my old 2.49.4 profile and it didn't have the correct version of Lightning. I found the correct one in a new default profile, and copied it to my old profile. I then had to enable it and it worked.

---
https://www.avg.com

You must have missed my earlier post about problems using an older profile with the 2.49.5. In fact the correct version of Lightning wasn't in the older profile and I couldn't find a working extension to install. The older profile wasn't properly updated so I had to figure out where it was and copy it into the older profile which I did.

Well there are the release notes too...

Known Issues
Lightning or one of the distributed extensions is not showing up or is disabled under Add-ons.

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.49.5/

FRG

Having looked at those release notes, BACK UP YOUR PROFILE FOLDER (while Seamonkey is not running) BEFORE INSTALLING 2.49.5. Several things can potentially go wrong, and the first start of 2.49.5 makes the profile unusable for 2.49.4 so simply dropping down a level causes part of the profile to be marked as corrupt and reinitialised. I have 3 machines which use the same profile, one "master" and two where I sometimes replace the profile with a new copy of the master. The two copies are going to be upgraded first, although I'll wait for 2.49.5 to appear in the repository rather than going proactive.
If I'm not unlucky the problems won't affect my setup anyway.