budkrueg...@gmail.com wrote:
On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 10:16:24 PM UTC-4, BigBlue wrote:
[Seamonkey 2.49.5 on Windows 10 (up to date)]

Since I did a full uninstall/reinstall and did not add any themes or add-ons I
know those are not the issue. So what else is it about safe mode that could
allow mail to start when all of the other things are ruled out?

Thanks!

I'm getting worried. I still have 2.49.4 and it is working fine.  These recent
threads about serious problems with any version after 2.49.4 has me leery of
updating to 2.49.5.  These threads tell me that you folks are obviously out of
my league of expertise. Is it safe for me to go to 2.49.5?  TIA.  Bud Krueger

We monitored the crash stats after release and there is nothing which stands out. I ran 2.49.5 for at least a year before switiching to 2.53. One of the problems is that recent third party antivirus release become more and more a virus itself. Windows 10 updates are not always stable too. Linux becomes more fragmented every year and macOS stability isn't that great either any longer. If 2.49.5 does not work for you you can always reinstall 2.49.4 again.

FRG