DoctorBill wrote:

If you Back Up your system, which program is the Easiest and Most Reliable
when it comes to RESTORING the system - for someone NOT a computer
Professional.....like me.

I backup on two levels. I keep data out of the boot partition and backup data with COPY, or sometimes XCOPY such as this:

xcopy /s/y/d X:\Profiles Y:\Profiles

For boot partition backup I use DfSee. That does a bit-for-bit clone - I don't care for "images". My backups I can read and write to.

DfSee can clone a partition or complete HDD. All my desktop machines have all HDDs as front panel plug-in. And all OSs are on one HDD and apps and data are on another HDD. If I loose an OS I can swap the OS HDD and the apps and data do not know the difference. And if I loose an apps or data partition I can swap that HDD and the OSs do not know the difference.

The typical Win box has everything in one C partition, which in now over a TB in size. It is like buying a home appliance; loose one transistor and you loose the entire unit. But if you break it into pieces you can maintain the pieces individually.

If you are on this list it implies you are willing to try to put the "personal" back into PC.

Ray