On 4/5/2020 4:49 PM, Mike C wrote:
> I unplugged it and re-plugged it.
> WOW! That fixed it (SMILE)
>
> Thanks David
>

> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 4/5/2020 10:39 AM, Mike C wrote:
>>> On SM 2.49 mail a single mouse click acts like a double click.
>>> This ONLY happens on SM Mail.
>>>
>>> Anyone ever hear of this?
>>>

>> The only times I had this happen, the mouse was at the early stage of
>> failing.
>>
>> If it is a wireless mouse, try changing the battery.  If it is a wired
>> mouse, try unplugging and then plugging it back again.  Also, if the
>> mouse can be opened, try cleaning inside.

Your mouse might still be in the early stages of dying.  If the problem
occurs again, replace the mouse.

I think I am on my third mouse with my current PC.  When the first one
died -- and it was truly dead -- I told my wife that I had a dead mouse.
 She screamed!  She though I had a dead rodent.

My second mouse did not last very long.  I forget what brand it was.

I noticed that my wife had her original PC mouse from about 2010.  It
was a wired Logitech (model SA-28A, no longer available).  I got a wired
Logitech in 2014 (model M100, still available and Logitech's least
expensive).  My wife still has her original 10-year-old mouse, and my
6-year-old mouse is still good.

Note that I too have a wired mouse.  I really do not want to deal with
batteries going dead, especially if I have no replacement battery on
hand.  Today, with stay-at-home orders, I do not want to leave the house
to buy a new mouse battery.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Would the United States be more prepared to deal with COVID-19
if President Trump had not cut the budgets of the National
Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC)?  His administration also eliminated the
Directorate for Global Health and Security and Bio-Defense,
the agency within the National Security Council tasked to
provide early warnings about epidemics and pandemics.

https://www.avg.com