As you probably noticed in one of my earlier messages, I sent a Test message to see if I was able to send a help message to this group. That message seemed to make it to this address. Thus I am now going to state my problem and hope somebody comes to my rescue.

Some time ago I was required to move my server support to AOL from Verizon. I made all of the changes at that time and all has bee working without a problem until now...I presently cannot send a normal email message from my computer via SeaMonkey (mainly) or from Mozilla, All such attempts ends with a message as follows:

Outgoing server (SMTP) Server Password Required
____________
box - Use Password Manager to remember the password.
OK _____ Cancel_____

I Have not made any changes to any settings in either SeaMonkey or Mozilla since they originally set a long while ago. I then typed in my password and this is the next message that appeared.

Login to account ........failed
Login to server smtp.verizon.net with username .....failed.

I then clicked cancel and got this message.

SeaMonkey Message - Test
Progress
Cancel

The green bar after Progress never closes, so I clicked Cancel.

I called AOL today and (after waiting for over 2 hours on the phone waiting for a human to pick up the phone, and another almost 3 hours today before someone picked up the phone. I told them about my problem and then I was told that I had a general help desk and that I needed to talk to a technician, This person then proceeded to tell me that I could not speak to a technician until I purchased a technical support plan ($14.99). After some wrangling, He said that having this plan was the only way to get technical help...he then offered my the first 30 days free. I gave in knowing that I needed help and that I could cancel the technical support plan before the end of the 30 day period. Well I wsthen on hold for another 3 hours when I finally got to speak to a technician. He said that he was going to have to delete all messages in my Inbox, Drafts, and Trash before he could work on the problem. He wanted to know whether I had a data backup plan...and I said no. the then said that I needed to backup these files before he did any work on my system. That is where he stopped helping me. (((Please note, I was on the phone yesterday evening waiting for 3 hours for somebody to help me...I was then cot off and got a recorded message that the office was closed for the day and that I could get help from the AOL help pages,)

A long story for no help.

I can receive downloads on my computer without any problem. I can click on web addresses and they work. Another action that did occur during my talk with the AOL technician was one of his showing me that a message could be sent through AOL and that it would work..and it did. Thus, the only thing not working on my computer is sending email messages via SeaMonkey or Mozilla.

I would appreciate any help you send my way on this subject.

Windows 10 - SeaMonkey 2.531

Frog