Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

I know it's an advertising slogan somewhere: Just do it. Two of
my 5 or 6 email addresses are from the same provider and are totally separate, it works. Incoming and outgoing.

Incoming: Set up all three email addresses, with separate names (!)

Outgoing: Set up all three email addresses, also with separate
names. I can't remember how you associate the SMTP entries with the
input entries, I just looked at my setup and saw nothing explicit.
Maybe it will ask you when you say "Reply To", maybe it is something
you specify when creating the SMTP entry.  What I do know is that
once you have set it up, each input email address "knows" which
output entry it should be using.  You can override it for single
Replies without affecting that setting.

After you set up several mail accounts, go to Edit | Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings. At the bottom of the list, select "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" and you'll see a list of SMTP servers. Use the "Add" and/or "Edit" buttons to create the SMTP servers you require. OK out.

Having done so, go to Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings again, and for each mail account, click on the account name and you'll see, at the bottom of the dialog: "Outgoing Server (SMTP):" Pull down the desired SMTP server from the list in order to associate that mail account with that SMTP server, click "OK" when done.

Paul B. Gallagher