On 4/12/2020 8:57 PM, Ant wrote:
> I have to disable it for YouTube.com so I can rate, get faster web site
> speeds, etc. However, I lose its chat feature.
>
> What about the rest of you? Thank you for reading and hopefully
> answering. :)

I normally have it disabled.  That is not becuase of problems when it is
enabled.  Instead, I do not want server logs to indicate I am using
Firefox.  I want them to know what I am really using.

I have the old PrefBar extension installed.  One of the buttons toggles
between enabling and disabling "Advertise Firefox compatibility".  I
cannot remember whether this is a button I recreated myself or obtained
from the PrefBar Web site.

In case I enable the feature and forget to disable it, I have the
following entry in my user.js file:
        user_pref("general.useragent.compatMode.firefox", false);

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Would the United States be more prepared to deal with COVID-19
if President Trump had not cut the budgets of the National
Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC)?  His administration also eliminated the
Directorate for Global Health and Security and Bio-Defense,
the agency within the National Security Council tasked to
provide early warnings about epidemics and pandemics.

https://www.avg.com