NFN Smith wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

They are more or less profile compatible at the moment. If you use it only for testing you can use the same profile. Just need to reinstall Lightning if you used 2.57 and did go back. Actually 2.53.3 has even some later stuff in.

With extensions I would recommend separate profiles. Older ones can hang 2.57 at shutdown or produce funny results.

Basically only the browser works right in 2.57. Various problems with the other components. Usually use it only when I encounter a web site broken in 2.53 to check, when I find some time for a few 2.57 fixes or test 2.53 to 2.57 ports.

Thanks for the feedback.

I will go with separate profiles, because I do want to monitor status with extensions.  I found that to be really useful when watching Firefox, then Thunderbird make the transition to WebExtensions.  I'm not making any use of Lightning, so I'm not concerned about that.

From the developer meeting notes, I do know that mail/news is not working in 2.57, but that's one of the things I want to keep an eye on, so that when the notes indicate there's changes, I can see the effects.

And somewhere along, I may be able to do some bug reporting, as well.

Smith

Actually sending mail got fixed in the last 2 months. Just the 3 pane is broken but without it pretty hard to see what is going on :) Tested by copying my 2.53 profile into a 2.57 one. Then sent myself an email via the address book. Hung with a spinning cursor but the email arrived fine and was copyied ot the imap sent folder. So some progress.

FRG