Ant wrote:
On 5/9/2020 7:13 AM, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Exactly. I looked and i think it was SiteSecurityServiceState.txt which just needed to be edited to allow the override again.

I noticed after posting that you'd mentioned something similar (should have read the whole thread first, but it seemed to have deteriorated into "works for me", "me too", "doesn't work for me"...).

SiteSecurityServiceState.txt looks like the one.  It might be necessary to completely exit SeaMonkey before editing it, as I think otherwise it will get rewritten from an in-memory version.  Find the line for the affected site and just delete it.

Bear in mind that the site had set an HSTS policy to indicate that browsers should only ever connect securely, and that failure to do so might indicate that the site or your connection to it has been compromised (although it's also possible the site has broken the implicit promise to ensure you'll always be able to connect securely, for example by letting their certificate expire).  You may be OK with this for a site which you only view, but should be suspicious if such errors occur on your bank's site.

The real issue is websites setting an HSTS policy, and then not maintaining their own security configuration, although a UI to bypass it (with appropriate warnings) might be useful.

Ah, thanks. I see two of these in my profile's SiteSecurityServiceState file:

antville.org:HSTS    44    18391    1620529497904,1,1,2
videos.antville.org:HSTS    46    18391    1620529497913,1,1,2

So, do I just delete these two lines to let me in it with its risks alert option (with SeaMonkey process not running)?

Probably just the videos.antville.org one will be enough, since that's the site you're trying to access, although antville.org might be relevant if it loads and resources from that domain and it wouldn't really hurt to delete both anyway. But didn't you say they'd fixed their certificate now anyway? If that's the case, there's no point deleting the entries, since they'll probably be added back next time you visit the site.

Also, when did SM start using this list? I have never seen and heard of this one before. :)

I don't know exactly. Searching my email archives (not every message on this list, only threads I had an interest in) I find mention of HSTS and SiteSecurityServiceState.txt in relation to SeaMonkey 2.40 back in 2016 - so at leat that long ago.

--
Mark.