David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/17/2020 7:07 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
flyguy wrote:
Windows 10, SM 2.49.4

Task Manager showed SM using 32% memory with email and one browser
window open. The browser had only one tab with the Washington Post front
page. Closing the browser reduced memory use to 24%; after closing the
email then reopening it, it used only 7%. I've noticed this high memory
usage before. Is there a way to avoid it, or to reduce it without
closing the program? I don't mind closing/reopening the email, but often
I have several windows and tabs open, so it's a nuisance to close the
browser, too.

I have a similar problem with SeaMonkey memory usage growing over time.
  My solution was to add a "restart application" button that I use
whenever it starts getting sluggish.  This closes and restarts SeaMonkey
without losing anything other than the time it takes to restart.

Dave

Does the Restart Application button do a full restart?  That is, does it
reload user.js to restore preferences that might have been changed
during the session?  If so, how can I get the Restart Application button?

Chromedit Plus provides a stand-alone restart button. Restart does redo the preference settings from user.js.