Hawker wrote:
On 5/26/2020 2:14 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/25/2020 4:49 PM, flyguy wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 5/25/2020 1:36 PM:
flyguy wrote:
Windows 10, SM 2.49.4

The videos on this Home Depot page do not play for me, but they do play if I use
Chrome. What's wrong?

  > What's wrong?

For starters: 2.49.4. Try with 2.53.2.

Oops. Forgot to show the link:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Electric-Cordless-String-Trimmer-and-Edger-1-3-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-P2030/203645932

Can you try it with 2.49.4 and 2.53.2? I'm concerned it might be a problem with SM
setup and not the version.

There are 115 HTML errors and 75 CSS errors in that Web page.  I believe
your problem is with the Web page and not with SeaMonkey.

The phone number for Home Depot's Web site feedback is 1-800-435-4654.

These kinds of answers are really unhelpful and, personally, tick me off.

There may be tons of "errors" but fact of the matter is that Firefox, Opera and Chrome manage to parse it correctly and work anyway. And since Firefox and SM are both Gecko it really points to SM's issue. So at that point you really can't blame the website, it is Seamonkey's inability to deal with being able to properly parse what is thrown at it while others do it no problem.

So nope, not buying it. This is a Seamonkey issue not a website issue.

I have the same "problem" as FRG - I can't connect to that website because of geo-blocking - but you are forgetting that a large number of POS websites use Javascript to handle the various browsers+levels and simply don't bother with Seamonkey. Google have a document somewhere showing how things should be done - test for feature-support rather than browser levels - but some of their own developers have not read that particular memo either. There have been enough posts to this Newsgroup telling you how to spoof other browsers on a site-by-site level, maybe that would help. Other posts to this thread already make it clear that Javascript is being used here.
* The P in POS in this context means "piece" rather than "point".

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/