On 7/22/2020 4:37 PM, Marion Walther wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 1:43:02 PM UTC-6, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 7/22/2020 10:10 AM, Marion Walther wrote:
>>> I can sign in but my cursor just sits there. I cannot access
>>> anything. Cannot even log out. How can I resolve that? I have to go
>>> to Firefox to do my banking. I have used SeaMonkey since NetScape and
>>> have my own domain so I want to continue my email client in SM.
>> My first thought is to change banks.
>>
>> I used to bank with a small community bank. It had a branch close to
>> where I worked and another one that I passed commuting between work and
>> home. It was an early adopter of direct deposit for payroll. They
>> charged me no account fee. When my office moved, I did not change
>> banks. A year or more would go by without me needing to even call the
>> bank, let alone visit a branch. If I wanted to deposit a check, the
>> bank provided pre-paid bank-by-mail envelopes. The envelopes were
>> addressed to the branch where my account was based. They would then
>> mail me the deposit receipt along with another bank-by-mail envelope.
>>
>> US Bank bought up that small bank. Then, they required me to provide my
>> own envelopes to bank-by-mail. The envelop had to be mailed to US
>> Bank's main office (about 3-4 days instead of 1 day). If I wanted a
>> deposit receipt, I had to include my own return, stamped envelope. I
>> changed to another small community bank.
>>
>> My second thought, however, involves you keeping your US Bank account.
>>
>> 1. In SeaMonkey, enter about:config in the URI area (address bar),
>> dismissing any warning popup.
>>
>> 2. Right-click anywhere on the list of preference variables and select
>> [New > String] from the pull-down context menu.
>>
>> 3. In the "New string value" dialogue, enter
>> general.useragent.override.usbank.com
>> and then select the OK button.
>>
>> 4. In the "Enter string value" dialogue, enter
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:75.0)
>> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0
>> all as a single line (Pardon the line wrap above.) and then select the
>> OK button.
>>
>> NOTE: In step #4, you might enter a different user agent (UA) string if
>> you know of a more recent one for Firefox or one for a Mac instead of
>> this one, which is for Windows.
>>

> Again...thx David. I followed your instructions exactly. Didn't work but I
> have a question.
> Does the NT10.0 stand for Windows 10?  I am using Windows 7.

That is okay.  All this will do is make US Bank's server think you are
using Firefox 75 with Windows 10.  It does NOT require you to use either
Firefox 75 itself or Windows 10 itself.

If that is not working, then there is something else in your setup that
the bank's server does not like.  I will give you an example from my own
usage.

I normally Web surf with the following preferences:
"Advertise Firefox compatibility" disabled
Cookies for the requested Web site only
Popups blocked
Images from other domains blocked
HTML5 Media and Flash disabled
An extension that befuddles attempts to track me
AdBlock Plus enabled
        And there might be others.

However, four financial institutions with which I have frequent
Web-based transactions really do not like that setup.  So I created a
separate profile with some of those preferences changed:
Popups enabled
Images from all domains enabled
HTML5 Media and Flash endabled
The extension that befuddles attempts not installed in the profile
AdBlock Plus enabled but only for certain unrelated sites that set
        cookies (Yahoo, Amazon, Youtube, others, none of which I
        visit while using my financial institutions profile)
For one institution, all cookies are enabled

--
David E. Ross
That Flag:

A TV ad in support of re-electing President Trump and
First Policy.  In the 1930s, "America First" was the
name of a movement in the United States that supported
Hitler and the Nazis.