David H. Durgee wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote:
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

At least one developer, Frank-Rainer Grahl, monitors this newsgroup.
Perhaps he can look at this post and let me know if it merits a bug
report.  It might be a known problem or one impossible to fix for some
reason.  As it is infrequent I can live with it if necessary.

Dave

If it is not easily reproducable a fix in the near future is unlikely.
Filing a bug in this case would only be good so that others who have the
same problem can find it and so can help track it down. With the current
state of affairs I just wouldn't just hold my breath for this to happen.
Bugs are cheap so your decision. Just don't be discouraged when nothing
happens with it.

FRG

I just had this bite me again today.  Annoying.

Is there a way to get pop-up notification when the POP mail request
fails in this manner?  Perhaps some config setting or a setting
somewhere in mail configuration I have missed?

Right now the only way I find out is if I right-click on the mail
account and select "get messages for account", as that WILL result in a
pop-up when there is an error.  If I am otherwise occupied I may not
notice for hours that I have a problem, which happened to me today.

Dave

If this is happening in Thunderbird as well - and WaltS48 seems to think it is - then a bug report against Thunderbird would be the best chance for a long term solution.
Maybe there is such a bug-report already, then it would need votes?

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/