On 29/09/2020 22:50, Geoff Welsh wrote:
The View options, only remove some icons from the Tab Bar, they don't make the bar go away.

The behaviour I observe is that the View>Show/Hide menu mentions a Tabs Toolbar which however doesn't come and go by toggling its check mark, and isn't presented as a toolbar that can be customised through [toolbar context menu]>Customise...

Meanwhile there's the tab bar for mail/news tabs, which as already pointed out is controlled by the same preference as for browser tabs.

I believe that there may be bugs in this area, though maybe there is also a theming issue ?

Additionally, feed and newsgroup messages can have different styles in a tab than if opened in a "New Window", because the View>Feed Message Body As>... menu item doesn't appear in a message window, but only in the main mail/news/feeds window. Apparently the display style for a feed message window is always the default.

/df

--
London
UK