On 04/02/2021 08:05, Daniel wrote:
Gabriel wrote on 3/2/21 11:30 pm:
On 3 Feb 2021 at 12:56:59 CET, "Daniel" <d...@spam.albury.net.au> wrote:

Gabriel wrote on 1/02/2021 9:22 pm:
  Hi all, is it possible to set the maximum width when opening a new window in the browser? SM 2.53.6 on macOS.   Because currently a new window opens at the max screen size, and as I'm using an iMac 5K I'd like to set it to a smaller width.
...>
In Win7 and Linux, (as far as I know) when you set up the screen as you want, when you close that screen, it should remember that size for next time.

Is this not the case for iMac??

I think it should be, but you would have to close the browser with File>Quit or equivalent and not just restart it after a crash. Also Preferences>Browser>Display on: Browser Startup could have an effect if you start with Home page or Blank page.

The window size is remembered in the xulstore.json file in your profile.

You could adjust this with an editor when SM isn't running. Note that the file has no line breaks so you'll need to use an editor that can wrap and unwrap lines, or pretty-print JSON; and do make a copy first.

Find the stanza beginning "'chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul': {", then find the fragment between here and the matching "}" that looks like this, except for the numbers and formatting:

    'main-window': {
      'screenX': '47',
      'screenY': '63',
      'width': '1110',
      'height': '712',
      'sizemode': 'normal'
    },

Change the width and/or height as desired. Restart SM. Does it make any difference?

/df

--
London
UK