Lemuel Johnson wrote:
On 2/12/2021 8:39 PM, Henrik37 wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote:
Henrik37 wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote:
Henrik37 wrote:
My ability to download Yahoo mail via SM has suddenly stopped working. Has something changed that I missed?

Thanks, in advance, for any ideas, suggestions, or guidance.

Using POP3 or IMAP?  Yahoo said some time ago that they would be discontinuing POP3 at some point in the future.

I am having no such problems with my IMAP Yahoo email as of two hours ago when I received my last email there.

Dave
Thank for your response.

I had been set up using POP3.  Where do I find instructions for changing the account to IMAP?

Unfortunately you cannot change an account from POP3 to IMAP, you will need to set up a new account.

Dave
Thanks for your note.

I'm now thoroughly confused.

1) Can I use the same name as on the existing POP account?
2) If so, will all of the present e-mail subscriptions automatically transfer?
3) Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed (or what NOT to do)?

This is for Thunderbird but it's close enough to SeaMonkey to get you started.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/switch-pop-imap-account

The "Transfer your local messages to the server" section can take some time if you have a LOT of messages to move.

Lem Johnson

Thank you.  That is the kind of information I needed.