Bret Busby wrote:

Depending on which operating system platform you are using, and, how it is done for the operating system that you use, in Ubuntu Linux, I have added the sourceforge  ubuntuzilla repository to my sources file, for upgrades, so that, whenever I perform a system upgrade, that repository is checked for upgrades to Seamonkey, and, in performing a system upgrade on my other computer, at present, I have observed that it is performing an upgrade to Seamonkey.

For Ubuntu-related stuff, I concur on Ubuntuzilla. Part of it is that I have a strong bias towards getting updates via repositories, and I consider the methodology of manual download and install to be something to be relegated to Windows. Plus, working via repository makes it easy to review version numbers, as well as uninstall, if needed, via the package manager.

I started using Ubuntuzilla several years ago when Ubuntu's maintainers quit supporting Seamonkey. I've found it to be reliable, and pretty quick -- enough that when a new version of Seamonkey is released, it often gets updated on my Ubuntu installation before I get around to doing the manual process of download and install in Windows. And for what it's worth, since my Ubuntu installation is still 18.04 and the officially-supported version of Thunderbird is still 68.10, I used Ubuntuzilla to upgrade to the current 78.x installations.

I have Mint on a VM, and I haven't tried Ubuntuzilla on the Mint installation, because I don't run Seamonkey there, but I have no reason to believe that it shouldn't behave the same way there as it does in Ubuntu.

On Windows, there are tools for maintaining package updates that I'm aware of. PatchMyPc and Ninite don't include Seamonkey. SUMo (Software Update Monitor -- not to be confused with SUpport.MOzilla.org) does include Seamonkey, but an unpaid version only shows available updates, and it takes a paid copy to be able to download/install.

I also checked chocolatey -- it's the most Linux-like in its approach (and takes a little more configuration work), and it's been a couple of years since I played with it, but the support web page does report that they can do Seamonkey.

Smith