On 3/30/21 3:20 PM, rodney wrote:
Ant wrote:
Thanks, but my 64-bit SM v2.53.7 installation gave me calendar stuff in "Mails & Newsgroup". How do I remove it since I don't want it?

On 3/30/2021 7:12 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
*You MUST absolutely do a full backup of your profile before upgrading from a version earlier than SeaMonkey 2.53.1. This version of SeaMonkey makes changes to your profile that can't be reverted in cases where you need to go back to the older version.*

*Automatic upgrades from previous versions are currently disabled for this release. Please download the full installer from the downloads section and install SeaMonkey 2.53.7 manually over the previous version.*

SeaMonkey 2.53.7 Release Notes <https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.7/>

Enjoy!
Click on tools (top bar), Click on Add-ons Manager, click disable on Lightning (Integrated Calendaring & Scheduling for your Email client).

Where did you get a 2.53.8 Rodney?

The 2.53.8b1pre mentioned on mozillaZine?

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop