Greetings,

The SeaMonkey Project is pleased to announce the release of SeaMonkey
2.53.7.

This isn't going to be a quick canned notification as there is
significance in this post.

What's so significant?

This could be my last "New release" post here on the newsgroups
(well, unless we release something between now and prior to
newsgroup shutdown).

I can't seem to shake the feeling of the fond memories of
posting here about the new Releases.  First it was KaiRo,
then Callek.  Then me.

A new era will be upon us when we finally find a new
place to post this (well, aside for on the blog).  Hey,
how about I gather everyone's email addresses and spam^H^H^H^H,
post new release updates that way?   :D [You can put down
those pitchforks...  I was just joking... really]

Jokes aside, it's been a blast posting here and I'm certainly
unhappy that it's going the same way as irc.mozilla.org.  But
perhaps the new 'thing' will be better?

Anyway, the end of an era.

[Unless Mozilla changes its mind and say to us "Just kidding,
the newsgroups are here to stay!"]

And as RattyAway [Where are you?] once said..  "Hope springs
eternal.."   [ok.. he might not have said that...  but let's
roll with that.  It's not like he's going to post on here
and rebut thhat.... <smirk>]

I'd like to thank Mozilla for having this medium to allow
us to all talk about SeaMonkey.

"So smoke me a kipper and I'll be back for breakfast!"

Or was it

"Thanks for all the fishes!"

So please check out [1] or [2].

Thanks to all involved.