On Tuesday 29 October 2002 01:55 pm, you wrote:

> Use the bandwidth limiter to prevent it swamping your connection. It is
> expected to use lots (up to 120) threads - they should normally be
> almost all idling. The current situation is a product of the network
> being slashdotted, and overloaded...

Let me emphasize once again that I've had bandwidth as low as 8k, using both
the combined option and the separate inbound/outbound options. Makes no
difference here; the pipe gets saturated. Connection is ADSL 1700/384k. Can't
even get a ping out when the node is up.

What does "MaxNodeConnections" control? It appears to have no relationship to
the number of inbound and outbound connections.

All re 525.