On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 06:03:10PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> At 22.26 05/01/03 +0000, you wrote:
> >> btw my ./freenet/freenet/store_*/temp dir is empty, and I do not regularl=
> >y=20
> >> delete the files manually.
> >Not surprising. It is cleaned out on node startup.
>
> It is not so simple; all 4 nodes I run (539 to 629) had 100Mb or more
629 is ancient. Look for a message in the logs that says
"FEC Using: <some dir>" - is this the same dir? The node sometimes uses
several temp dirs... there have been some improvements recently on
unstable.
>  in temp dir that never goes away  restarting the node; I
>  need to do that by hand - the "orphaned propriety" message
>  are diaplayed al lot of time at next restart.
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about these.

> I suspect the looked as valid data and are reused for
>  some reason.
>
> A good rm -rf * at startup would be a great idea, if
>  the deletion algoritm is not robust.
We do this, in the main temp dir, usually store/temp/.

> Some secure deletion would be better ......
Rewriting doesn't work consistently on journaled FS's, or generally
across platforms. We should encrypt the data in the first place with
temporary keys if it is a big problem.

--
Matthew Toseland
[EMAIL PROTECTED][EMAIL PROTECTED]