-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kevin Bennett
Sent: 17 November 2003 08:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [freenet-support] Freenet port not listening according
tofirewall.

Hmmm.  At a first glance this seems to be working.  After 5 mins there were
8 incoming connections (though none were transferring) and about 60
outbound, some of which were transferring.  No instances of the
non-listening port error this time, but to confuse matters further there are
now a lot of "TCP non-syn/non-ack packet on invalid connection. Packet has
been dropped" entries, one every few seconds.  If I cross-reference an entry
like this, it corresponds with an outgoing connection that is already open
and in some cases already transferring.  Weird.

I'll leave it running as-is while I go to work and check it again when I get
home.

The firewall is Norton Internet Security 2003, but I have no clue how it
knows if a port is listening or not.

Thanks,

Kevin.