On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 11:34, Art Charbonneau wrote:
> I upgraded to version 5046 yesterday, and now I always get the error
> message:
>
> "Couldn't connect to the network. Are you sure you have configured
> Freenet correctly? Also make sure that you are connected to the
> internet."
>
> I have not changed anything in my configuration, and I am connected to
> the internet. Is the network down, or could this be a bug in 5046?

You need to reseed.  The stable network is being disconnected from
unstable, but most if not all of your references are to nodes which
are still in the unstable network.  Get the latest seednodes.ref file

http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/seednodes.ref

and replace your copy of seednodes.ref.

Right now there are 69 distinct nodes listed there.

--
Edward J. Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>