Hello, I would like to download and run freenet
software but I'm given the option of dl'ing the
software with or without Java 1.4.1.

How can I determine what version of Java I am
currently running so I can choose which download is
correct for me?

I am running Windows XP professional with the free
version of Zonealarm as a firewall.  Are there any
simplified (step by step) instructions for a computer
novice (like myself)to follow for locating and
configuring the firewall settings?

Basically I'm wondering if there's an idiot's guide to
installing and running freenet.  Thank you.