Is your dialup connection unmetered? If so, you may be able to run a
permanent node. Even if you can't, I suggest you run Frost (with a
smallish number of threads perhaps), it is good at generating traffic,
to help the node learn about the network. In a few days, the node may
learn enough to get around the network.