On 05-Apr-2004 Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I'm running Freenet on a 48MB machine which is also running mprime. The load 
> average varies from 7 to 14, whereas before I started Freenet the load 
> average was around 1.3. I'm using j2re 1.5.0-beta, which I downloaded today 
> from Sun. top shows dozens of java processes, all the same size and all 
> varying together. Is there a parameter in freenet.conf that I can tweak to 
> get the load average down?

Try reducing maximumThreads and/or maxNodeConnections.  You didn't mention
which version of freenet you're running, but you may also want to check your
rtMaxNodes setting as well, as later versions employ a formula whereby the
maximum number of node connections is based on the maximum number of routing
table nodes.
 
-- 
Conrad Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - "In Unix veritas"

_______________________________________________
Support mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support
Unsubscribe at http://dodo.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support
Or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to