On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:41:56 -0700, Galen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was thinking of P2P file transfer protocols. Bittorrent, gnutella, fasttrack, etc. Uploading doesn't always work really great, but downloading is quite decent. Bittorrent seems to have zero problems saturating upstream bandwidth on many torrents that are 100% behind NAT. I classified (mentally) freenet as a P2P, but it's more like a server-to-server for best performance.

Bittorrent works _really_ lousy for downloading if you don't open up a bunch of ports in the firewall/NAT.

___/
_/

--
http://troed.se - controversial views or common sense?