On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:41:17PM +0200, Jano wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >You mean, like Freemail?
> >
> >http://www.freenet.org.nz/freemail/
>
> Freemail is an idea I like a lot but at least my windows experience has
> been... lacking. The alpha 20 has been there for ages... is it still
> under development? Is someone using it on stable?

It doesn't seem to be. I sent him an email (not a freemail) to ask about
a feature, and never got a reply. However at least we have the tarball;
it is under the GPL so it can be maintained even if he disappears. Of
course we need to store a copy of the site...

> Thanks for the rest of your comments. I was more interested in an
> automated, a-la NIM solution, but I should have known that if NIMs
> aren't like that is for a reason.

Well... FreeMail is quite usefully automated. And should be reasonably
reliable as long as Freenet is working... of course freenet isn't
working well enough for FreeMail to work well...