Jano schrieb:

Freemail is an idea I like a lot but at least my windows experience has been... lacking. The alpha 20 has been there for ages... is it still under development? Is someone using it on stable?

I tried to use it on stable, but it doesn't work that good. Almost all of the times it tries to insert a message an gets a RNF it doesn't remember the slot it used to insert. So after some hours the same message got inserted in multiple slots. To make it worse, the message somehow got through and got confirmed by the receiver, but freemail didn't get it right and was still trying to insert the message. After an manual count I saw that the one message I did send was inserted into about 80 receiver slots and there was no way to tell freemail to stop inserting it again and again into new slots.

Additionally the freemail process stalled totally after some hours using
all available CPU which means I had to run it on a very low priority or
it would starve my freenet node to death.

All this is with the latest windows version of freemail, don't know if
the linux version runs better.

My conclusion about it: nice idea but far from beeing usable at the moment.