On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 11:16:21PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
> > also i have a website with losta files and stuff and it is in BT
> > but i am worried about getting tracked and caught so i am trying to
> > make this switch... so i need to know how to seed to... if someone
> > has a step by step guide on EVERYTHING please let me know
>
> If files are your thing, you might do better to check out I2P:
>
> http://www.i2p.net/
>
> Freenet is not well suited to sharing lots of files.  There's a BitTorrent
> set-up in the works for I2P as well.

Then what the fsck is Freenet good for? If freenet can't do files (and
files and searching are two different things), then it sure as hell
can't do web pages or message boards. Big files can work reasonably well
with bittorrent level transfer rates on request. Admittedly it takes a
long time to insert, and you probably don't want to insert 20GB, but it
is possible.

> Freenet fits the traditional communication model better; things like blogs
> ("flogs") and the occasional moderate-sized file propagate easier and stay in
> Freenet longer.  If you'd like to share your opinions as well as your files,
> you're welcome and encouraged to set up a site in Freenet.
>
> There's a wiki at:
> http://www.freenethelp.org/
>
> As for the Data Not Found (DNF) messages, how much uptime have you given your
> node?  It takes a while to get integrated.  If you're getting DNF on
> *everything*, starting with the gateway page, then you probably need to give
> your node more time to integrate.  Leave it running.

This is true.