Thanks, I'l try.

Now I'm trying new 0.7 in windows xp and I have a problem:
When I launch that installer my antivirus software (kaspersky) says that some Rootshell virus is trying to be installed. If I terminate it, freenet istalliation stops. And if I allow it, it works and freenet works ok, but I get some sort of mydoom application running in background and rootshell is also runing. Is this a virus? What it will do to my system if I allow it? I've redownloaded freenet installation files several times and its still the same. So I don't know what to do.

Volodya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tim Hawkins wrote:
> But how to make "path" variable? I installed it in usr/java/
> directory... I found no instructions on where to isntall java. Should I
> reinstall it in other directory?

Here is the easiest way to solve the problem (trust me it's the easiest way). I assume
that you are using Red Hat (since you've mentioned RPM).

in the terminal type "su" and enter the root password.
change to /usr/bin/
this directory should be on your PATH already
type "ln -s /usr/java/bin/java java"
this should create the link to your java file.
If you have problems, it's possible that you have directory like:
/usr/java/jre1.5.0_06
in which case you will have to do
"ln -s /usr/java/jre1.5.0_06/bin/java java"

If this doesn't help or you run into any other problems let me know, i'll try to help, but
i can't promise anything.

--
Hi! I am a .SIG virus! Copy me to your SIG so that I can spread!

http://freedom.libsyn.com/ Voice of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://www.whengendarmesleeps.org/ When Gendarme Sleeps, Anarchy's Zine of Poetry