Sorry, I'm the idiot who decided to create a firefox profile. I was simply
trying to avoid some major performance issues we have because the default
settings are not good for Freenet, and asking users to change them globally
also sucks.

Freenet has not destroyed any data, it has simply created a second profile. It
launches it with -no-remote so it shouldn't be remembered by firefox, but
somehow in your instance it was ... what you have to do is open a command
line (start, run, type cmd), cd to the directory firefox is installed in,
e.g.:
cd c:\program files\mozilla firefox
Then:
firefox -ProfileManager

You will then be presented with a list of installed profiles, including one
called default and one called freenet. Click on the one called default and
then click on the button to start firefox using that profile.

Sorry.

Matthew Toseland,
Chief Developer for Freenet on behalf of Freenet Project Incorporated.

PS support@freenetproject.org is usually the right place for these sorts of
issues.

To CC's: WTF are we going to do about this?