Ok, I knew all of that but I was just testing. Btw thanks for reminding me
:)

To keep on the initial problem, I looked at the source code and it seems
that yes, we look at the file extensions to know the mime type. So there is
a bug somewhere about that. I don't know exactly where, when I have time
I'll have a look.