On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:39 AM, closeau <clos...@inbox5.com> wrote:
>  <clos...@...> writes:
>

>> After downloading Freenet I try to install and I get an error message
>> "Freenet starter was unable to control the freenet system service."
>> Reason: "Service did not respond to signal."
>> What do I have to do?
>>
> I see that others are having the same problem as me. From what I can tell no
> one
> has gotten an answer. Maybe this is a problem that you are addressing
> currently
> and have not been able to resolve.Maybe you feel it is to trivial an issue to
> sddress. Either way a response to this issue would be appreciated.

As far as I know, there is no known solution to this problem.  I
believe Zero3 is working on it, but I don't know precisely how much
progress he's been able to make.  I think at present he's in need of
testers on versions of Windows he doesn't have.  See
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freenet/index.php?title=Jobs
for details; contact him if you're willing to help test.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Evan Daniel