Freenet 0.7.5 build 1264 is now available, with many bugfixes, and some
significant optimisations. Please let us know if you find any bugs! Major
changes include:
- Lots and lots of bug fixes, mostly in the client layer (downloading and
uploading files) and the temporary buckets layer. Many of these bugs in both
areas could cause downloads to fail or stall forever.
- Much less disk seeking during FEC decoding/encoding (for each segment we
insert 128 data blocks and 128 check blocks; we only need 128 blocks total to
reconstruct the original data and the check blocks, FEC decoding is the process
that goes from 100 data blocks and 28 check blocks to 128 data blocks).
- Increase various buffer sizes and improve buffering especially in
compression. Should prevent some more disk seeks.
- Move splitfile keys into a separate, efficient, single object, rather than
storing each key individually as a separate object. This should speed up
starting big splitfiles, reduce disk I/O and reduce the size of node.db4o.
- Splitfile bloom filters are no longer written to disk in separate,
non-encrypted files. These are part of the mechanism that allows us to identify
quickly whether a block (a single key e.g. a CHK) belongs to a specific
download. They are now stored in the database, encrypted according to the
current physical security level. This improves security but it should also fix
some bugs.
- The auto-updater now supports wrapper.conf in a wrapper/ directory, as used
by the new wininstaller beta.