> You shouldn't run into problems doing a direct copy, assuming you
> change the four ports mentioned in freenet.ini. You will simply have
> multiple instances of freenet running, each accessible via it's own
> http port, each accessing it's own udp data pipes/local sockets. I
> think.

thank you for getting back to me.
If I understand you correctly, if I copy the "freenet" directory/subdirectories
from machine A to another machine in a different geographical location, say
machine B, I don't need to do anything but start the service (run.sh start).
All of my configuration files, trusted friends, etc. will be duplicated from
machine A to machine B.
Then, a new KEY will be issued by machine B that I can use to make friends with
machine A.
Correct?