> Yes, effectively. (Opennet behaves a little differently -- your
> neighbouring peers are constantly being swapped and optimized to
> approach a small-world topology.)
Does this mean that in Darknet mode the peers are not swapped?

> The main advantage, I believe, is security -- opennet nodes are
> relatively easy to monitor and traffic-analyze, given a strong opponent
> like Big Brother, by compromising your (constantly changing) opennet
> peers.
OK, I can see how the constant swapping may give a malicious member
the opportunity to build a topology of the network that would lead to
IP addresses of nodes owned by real people.  Correct?
Given that this would take quite a bit of effort and time,
is there the possibility of putting in the network some decoy nodes
(honey-pots) that could lead to the violators?

> In darknet, they would have to physically compromise each of your
> friends. Also, since opennet nodes are ... open ... all opennet node ip
> addresses can in theory be listed, and blacklisted. To do this in
> Darknet would require physically traversing the entire network.
Is it because of differences in routing algorithms?
If I had a P2P with only 3 nodes that I own, then I would not have any
exposures.
If I have a darknet, is it through some trust that security can be achieved?
What makes darknet so much more secure than opennet?

> Darknet was implemented to fix the rather serious security issue of
> opennets.
Which was?