On Friday 15 October 2010 17:07:09 Dennis Nezic wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:29:52 +0100, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> > We are considering making it impossible to use Freenet without a
> > browser supporting Javascript. Yes or no answers would be useful
> > (feel free to make further comments). I will post a similar poll to
> > FMS. I suggest somebody does Frost, I personally don't use Frost.
>
> Frost/FMS/etc get around the latency/loading issue by background-working
> "subscriptions". Why not just implement something more along those
> lines -- expanding on the Bookmarks idea. That way the freesites people
> read are pretty instantly available, and updated.

We support both subscribing to sites (bookmarks) and downloading them in the
background. The main issue with regards to latency is inline images. The
web-pushing branch deals with these without having to create a new browser
profile etc, which has caused chaos (really bad things, permanently corrupting
the user's browser config) when we've done it in the past. However that *does*
degrade gracefully. What is at stake here is whether the rest of the user
interface should *require* Javascript.