When the new packet format was merged last week it caused chaos. There were
severe bugs resulting in connectivity problems, too much retransmission, and so
on, and then to fix this we had multiple mandatory builds - not mandatory
immediately but still disruptive.

All this inevitably messes up the network, decreasing performance significantly
for a while. However, it is quite possible that there are still bugs causing
problems. What problems are you having with Freenet now that you didn't last
week?

My testing shows moderate backoff, slightly lower block success rates (which
seem to fluctuate a lot from build to build, and are unfortunately hard to
debug), inserts work (but are slow - but they were already very slow before the
recent changes, partly because of the incremental new load management merging),
and bootstrapping a new node and browsing popular freesites is pretty much back
to where it was.

How is your Freenet node? I am mainly interested in regressions - stuff that is
worse now than it was before the merge in 1314.