Juiceman :
Jep :
> Juiceman :

>> Look inside wrapper.ini file and make sure it is launching freenet.jar
>> and not freenet-new or something like that
>
> That file does not exist on my box.
>
> Freenetwrapper.exe however runs but I've disabled the Freenet background
> service in the windows services pane, since it no longer seems to be used.
>
> There is a wrapper.conf file though, contents:
>
> wrapper.java.command=
> wrapper.working.dir=..\
> wrapper.java.mainclass=freenet.node.NodeStarter
> wrapper.java.classpath.1=freenet.jar.new
> wrapper.java.classpath.2=freenet-ext.jar
<....>

That's the one!  Shutdown your node, edit that file and change the line from
freenetproject.jar.new to just freenetproject.jar and restart your node.  =)

[another mail]
Damn autocomplete.  I meant freenet.jar

Would've figured that out myself okay :)

Thanks juicy one. Hope this helps finding connections.

Wonder, how can such a wrong pointer come to be, and will every FN user have this error?

Have never edited the file by hand.

Also wonder, currently stuff runs okay in spite of this issue. I've updated FN on Sunday the 6th and freenet.jar is dated 1/29 while the timestamp of freenet.jar.new is 2/6.
Am I not going to make a new problem by this edit?