Freenet 0.7.5 build 1346 is now available. Please upgrade, it will be mandatory
on Friday.
Changes include:
- Do not accept too-old opennet nodes as peers of seednodes in announcement. We
won't be able to send the update to them because UOM doesn't work on seeds, and
some versions around 1320 got severely broken when this happened. Hopefully
some of them will now be able to upgrade via other peers, or at least more
quickly, and thus will stop hammering the seednodes quite so much!
- Better disconnection detection. We were thinking we are still connected
sometimes when we were in fact disconnected and receiving some early auth
packets but not the late ones (as with the above case).
- Send keepalive messages more often. (Note that this has zero overhead on a
typical busy node).
- Fix a rare synchronization bug.

Please upgrade, and let us know how Freenet goes! Thanks.