On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:52:29 +0100, folkert wrote:
> I've got a couple of questions:
> 1. when creating an e-mail account, it always says it cannot create
> the short address. so what is then my freenet e-mail address?

I believe the long address (and possibly short address) are originally
stored in the Inbox of Freemail's imap server, if you manage to connect
to it.

Alternatively, you can derive it from the mailsite.pubkey value in your
Freemail's data/UNAME/accprops file, specifically the base32 encoding
of that pubkey (the stuff after @ and before /).

> 2. maybe it is nice to have some kind of address directory in which
> one can register his/her address together with some (personal- or
> other) info. maybe with a picture or so. whatever.

Great idea!

> 3. i've installed the snmp plugin; how can i reach it? is it usable
> for mrtg graphing?
> 3.1 if not; maybe add something that logs the amount of traffic
>     generated: traffic initiated by local user(s) and traffic from
>     "outside"

I think snmp is more geared towards polling common system values. Mrtg
alone can be used to poll your own custom script that can check
fproxy's stats page, to monitor your bandwidth / et cetera (It can
either poll freenet's pre-calculated rate, or derive it from the total
data transferred values). Mrtg alone can also be used to monitor the
traffic on your network device as a whole.

> 4. maybe it is an idea to add a list of listening ports to the 'list
> of plugins'-page

You mean the ports that plugins (like Freemail) might use?