On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 23:53:53 +0000 (UTC), user1 wrote:

> >> I have now reduced the size of memory usage from 512mb to 256mb but
> >> still have the same problem ?
> >
> > (You only have 256MB physical memory, right? I'm guessing your
> > machine was swapping a /lot/ before, if Freenet alone was using
> > more than your max?)
> >
> > Anywho, reducing freenet's java memory usage will probably make
> > things worse -- it'll make it max-out sooner. Try reducing the size
> > of your datastore. (To test that this is in fact the problem, you
> > can put it back to it's original size, and theoretically, you
> > should get the same uptimes back?)
>
> I have reduced datastore from 30 to 20 gb and it still does not work
> properly.

What bothers me is how it was "running for a couple years without
problems" before. From what I gathered here, the main/only thing you
changed was your datastore size? Surely if you put that back to normal,
things should work like before?

> Here is my wrapper log:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5177370/user1-wrapper.log.zip
>
> Wonder if my hardware is too "light" for freenet server use now?

Hmm, okay, I guess that wasn't too helpful :p. But, many clues can be
gleaned nevertheless. The first hang was caused by "Resizing
datastore", although I'm not sure if it was due to insufficient memory,
or I/O bottleneck. (Perhaps you can monitor your free memory and
"uptime" values next time.) After that first hang, it looks like your
node wasn't even able to restart itself -- it could be a wrapper
problem, or perhaps a node bug caused by the original failed
datastore-resizing attempt. Magically, 8 hours later, it does manage to
restart, but 15 minutes in, it hangs again during datastore maintenance
-- again, probably due to insufficient memory.

You said you reduced memory from 512mb to 256mb -- put it back to
512, if you can :p.

Alternatively, you can test with a fresh/new datastore, to avoid
resizing overhead, which I believe is costly?