On Friday 05 Oct 2012 15:00:13 Jep wrote:
> Matthew Toseland:
> > On Thursday 04 Oct 2012 21:12:36 Jep wrote:
> >> "Datastore(PUBKEY-cache) maintenance in progress: xxx/xxx. We have
> >> changed the datastore so that it will cause less load on your computer
> >> (particularly disk accesses), but we have to rebuild the indexes first.."
> >>
> >> This is coming up every time I have to reboot.
> >> Who or what is 'we', is this planned, and if so, why haven't I anywhere
> >> seen it announced that this is supposed to happen?
> >
> > Because it was implemented months ago?
>
> And is it intended "we" do this each and every bootup?
>
> Also months ago I haven't seen anything on it.

No, clearly not. It's supposed to switch to the slot filters and then live
happily ever after. Hmmm ...

Apparently we use the same message when migrating to slot filters from bloom
filters as we do when rebuilding because of an unclean shutdown. I have fixed
this in the source, it will be included in the next build; we will use a
different message if the .slotfilter file doesn't exist.

In your datastore/ folder you should have the following .slotfilter files, as
well as other stuff:

CHK-cache.slotfilter
CHK-clientcache.slotfilter
CHK-store.slotfilter
PUBKEY-cache.slotfilter
PUBKEY-clientcache.slotfilter
PUBKEY-store.slotfilter
SSK-cache.slotfilter
SSK-clientcache.slotfilter
SSK-store.slotfilter

Do all these files exist? If so then it probably isn't migrating - it's
probably rebuilding because of an unclean shutdown. In other words, Freenet has
been killed by the wrapper because of taking too long to shut down, or you had
a power cut, or pushed the power button or something.

wrapper.log may reveal whether Freenet is regularly having problems shutting
down?